Sunday, July 31, 2011

I {Heart} our Sunday School Teachers, Part 2

I'm back, just like I promised  :)
And if you don't know what I'm talking about, read this first.  I'll wait for you.  :)
Ok, so what could a Sunday School teacher use? A bag to carry their teaching materials to church, right?
and inside:

I used a blue thread to meander-quilt the body of the bag.  It blends in nicely with the front, not so much the lining, but I decided I was fine with that.

Here is the second bag:

I quilted with blue thread again, this time in straight vertical lines of uneven spacing.  I think it looks a little like rain falling :)

and here is one of the lining pieces with the pocket before I put the bag together:
I pieced four triangles of the rainbow stripe fabric together to get that lovely squared-off effect.  I really like this pocket :)

Well, that is two gifts.  What could the Preschool Sunday School teacher use?  Some quiet time alone with a cup of coffee, I think  ;-)   Well, I might not be able to provide the quiet, but I did stitch up a mug rug and coffe cozy.

the front is inspired by this block at Sewn:

the back with cozy:

and one more:

Happy Stitching  :)

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love the fabrics and they work so well for these projects. Cute litte rug mug and cup sleeve.