Sunday, July 29, 2012

hexing along


my hexies are coming along nicely, if I do say so myself!  :)

{if you missed it, and you want to read the begining of their story, go here}

I wanted to sew 2 inch hexagons but I'm too cheap frugal to buy precut shapes, so I looked around the internet for something free.  I didn't find what I wanted, so I opened up one of my quilting books.  {hey, here is a wild idea - how about I use some of those books that are hanging around? hehe}
I found various hexagons, none of which seemed to be the usual sizes {?} and settled on one that is somewhere between an inch and three quarters and two inches.

{Oh, and I can walk again. Which makes me very happy}
I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching @ Katy's Quilts!

8 comments:

Cherie said...

That sounds funny! I made up my own templates. I found pictures of hexagons through google search images and traced them off the screen to get the size.

http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/100-and-1100-and-2.html

hope that may help you =D

Cathy Tomm said...

I love Hexes. I have one wall hanging done years ago. Some day I may have to start again. Your orange hexes are looking great.

Quilter Kathy said...

These are adorable! I have some papers for EPP but haven't found a project that I am dying to start yet...the ideas are still percolating I guess. Thanks for linking up!

Carrie P. said...

I made my first shapes when I started my hexagon quilt. Still in progress. But I will say if you can get the precut hexies on sale it is worth it.

Teresa in Music City said...

Hey, whatever works for you, right? You've got some really cute and colorful hexies going there!

scraphappy said...

Quilters are such a frugal bunch. Your hexies look so happy.

Angie said...

I'm quite jealous of your hexies! I want to start my own hexie project, but gosh darnit, I have a hexie project I inherited from my grandmother. I'm at the setting "flowers" together stage, which takes all the spontaneity out of piecing. It will make a good slow stitching project!

Deb A said...

I'd love to start a hexie project but the prepping is stopping me right now. Maybe when things quiet down this winter at work I can sneak in some prep work there.... the perks of being an owner! your hexies look great.