Wednesday, November 21, 2012

what I'm working on now that the craft fairs are in the past

The two craft fairs I participated in are over now, and while I did come out ahead dollar-wise, let's just say I've got a handmade Christmas covered. 

Two slow days sitting in chairs {I hardly ever sit still at home unless I'm ill, so this got very boring very fast} was made nicer because my SIL and Mother each came to one of the fairs.  I also brought along some EPP Hexies. 

It wasn't just my table that was slow, there didn't seem to be much traffic at either fair.  Both were first time events for the people putting them on, so I wonder if that had something to do with it. The first fair was mostly worked and shopped by friends and acquaintances, so it was sort of a social gathering, too.

One thing that sold much better than I thought was the candles my sons made.  I bought a kit from beeswaxcandlecompany on Etsy, and they hand rolled beeswax sheets into candles.  I bought red, green, and natural colored sheets thinking they could tap into the festive colors of Christmas, but people really seemed most interested in the natural color.  My little entrepreneurs have been looking for a way to make money for some time, so I'm glad this worked out so well for them :)

Can you believe I didn't take a picture of my table?  I know, I'm such a bad blogger ;)

So what am I working on now?


001

Back to the Penguins! I'm in the process of cutting the strip sets into pieces that will be put into rows with the penguin fabric.  Finishing this quilt is a priority for November.  Well, a total finish might be wishful thinking, but I want a finished top at least.

002

Most of my 2.5" charm swap packs have arrived, so I can get busy with the Postage Stamp quilt :)  {Please excuse the shiny plastic wrap in the photo}
I'm linking up over at WIP Wednesday on Freahly Pieced.  But now I need to get back to my other WIP, lots of baking :)

5 comments:

Rosa said...

Fun cutting and sewing!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oooh... I love getting swaps back! So fun to dig through and admire the variety of fabrics. Enjoy ;-)

GranthamLynn said...

Great project.

Cindy said...

Too bad about the craft fairs. Love the penguins.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Where did you swap the fabric? That's my favorite thing to do. I plan on sewing all Christmas break. It's been too long. I have sewn every day for years and years and I've hardly done any in 6 months. Oy!