Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Little Retail Therapy

Yesterday I went down to Manchester, NH for a day out with my SIL & Mom.  Kid-free time in a quilty environment with a good dose of retail therapy was just what we needed  :)

I didn't bring my camera, but I can tell you that the two big trends in the quilts on display were rhinestones and naked men.  I don't think either one will be showing up in my own work anytime soon ;)

four quilting cotton fat quarters

I was super happily surprised to see Sew Fresh Fabrics had a booth at the show!  Sew Fresh Fabrics is one of my fav online shops, so I was excited to peruse their selection in person!  I managed to contain myself, and resisted the urge to jump up and down and squeal 'I love your shop!' to the lovely ladies in the booth, but it took all my self control.  Which explains the strawberries and chocolate Mississippi Mud cake I had for dinner :)

lobsters on gingham fabric

These two prints were a great find for my lobster fabric collection.  Maybe this summer I will finally put them all in a quilt?

Japanese Kitty quilting fabric

Aren't these little Japanese Kitties the cutest? 

Sashiko

But the one purchase I'm most excited about is my little Sashiko kit.  The design was pre-marked on the fabric, and will wash out when I'm finished.  Perhaps I will make this into a small pillow, with the kitties for the fabric on the back  :)

{click here to learn more about Sashiko}

I'm linking up with Sunday Stash! :)

5 comments:

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Love those lobsters! Thanks for visiting my Sunday Stash post.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Oh such pretty additions to the stash! The sashiko kit is gorgeous!

Finding Fifth said...

Ok you collect lobster fabric? I have never seen any in my stash collecting hunts....please do a SS post with your collection one Sunday. And rhinestones and naked men? For quilt themes? Seriously? I am intrigued!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your sashiko kit is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing a lobster quilt. I didn't even know there was lobster fabric out there - let alone naked men and rhinestones!

Cindy Sharp said...

Sounds like a fun day.