Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall randomness

here are a couple random photos I took at the fair:

pink tractor love

I seriously love this pink tractor!

pink tractor

Forget the pony rides at the fair, my boys rode the camel :)  While they were enjoying the ride, I spotted this fantastic sign hanging on the fence:

best sign ever!

it makes me chuckle every time I read it :)

ever since I tried chocolate covered bacon at the fair {heavenly!}, I have been wanting to bake brownies with bacon in them.  Have you ever tried this?

Speaking of baking, I tried making pumpkin lasagna.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.  It kind of left me wanting it to be better, because you could tell it had the potential, know what I mean?  Melting some butter onto the pumpkin layers when I reheated it helped, maybe that is all the original recipe is missing to be fantastic.  {is there anything butter doesn't make better?}  Not sure if I will try again to make it better, since I'm the only one in the house who will eat it.

Now that fall is here, have pumpkins invaded your kitchen, too?   If you have any good pumpkin recipes, I'd love it if you share.  I'm on the lookout for some new ones :)

I'm linking up to Random Thursday!

2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

That pink tractor is awesome. So is the sign. So I have always wanted to try a maple/bacon donut--it sounds like the perfect combination of flavors. Speaking of fairs and butter, at the Minnesota State Fair, they sculpt likenesses of the fair queen and her court out of....butter! Seriously. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Is the sandwich fair? My BFF just moved back home to New Hampshire and was posting pictures of a fair.

Thanks for entering my giveaway. Did you ever get my package from before? I'm letting Fat Quarter Shop do the sending this time. That was too stressful.

How is your school year going? Keep in touch. ((hug))