Tuesday, May 27, 2014

wearing quilts and other goings on...

hello!  today is crazy busy, so I'm just going to show you a couple of quick pics of what I'm working on right now.  more info will follow as I {hopefully} find time to sew & make a bit of progress.  ok, here we go!


patchwork skirt in progress

I'm making a patchwork skirt, because who doesn't want to wear a quilt?  {and it's plaid!!}


1/3 of 144 cracker quilt blocks

these are 144 cracker blocks 1/3 of the way done.  I still need to cut 288 squares on the diagonal and sew 4 of the resulting triangles to each block {that's 576 triangles for all you math geeks out there :) }  I started these at the quilt retreat I went to awhile ago.

FYI, I'm super sizing this tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop.

Ok, I've got a full day of appointments, track & field, and two baseball games to get on with.  but first, I'm linking up with Sew & Tell Tuesday , Freemotion by the River, and Quilt Story.   have a great day!

edited to say:  now that it is Wednesday, I'm linking up over at WIP Wednesday, too :)

Sew Fresh Quilts

6 comments:

Christine S said...

I love those 30's prints. Can't wait to see this done. Thanks for sharing the pattern, I hadn't seen that one before!

Podunk Pretties said...

Great fabrics, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Looking forward to seeing your plaid patchwork skirt. Will be lovely I am sure to wear this summer. Thanks for vising my blog yesterday too! :) I love my place mats.

Jasmine said...

These are wonderful projects. I made myself a skirt too... And now I have a quilt to match!

Rachel said...

That is a lot of triangles. Good luck!

Lorna McMahon said...

Yes, things are picking up now that it is spring. So glad you took a few minutes to share with us! The quilted skirt looks great. And so do those blocks! Love the pastel prints. Good luck with all those triangles!